Tutorial - Lava Star Effect
Issue: Creating a Lava Star effect using Photo Pos Pro tools (figure no. 1)
With Photo Pos Pro tools you can easily create beautiful effects. To create a Lava Star effect simply follow these steps:
- Start with creating a 300 x 300 pixels new black empty image (Click on File -> New menu or Ctrl+n, figure no.2).
- From the Tools toolbar choose the Standard Selection tool - . Press F2 or and the Selection Properties window will open.
- Select the circular selection option from the selection shape toolbar.
- Using the mouse draw a circle in the middle of the image, created in step 1 (figure no. 3).
- Click the fore color box (found on the right hand side of the screen) and select the brown color. Click OK. Note: make sure you select the exact brown tint as shown in figure no.4
- Choose the Flood Fill tool - , Press F2 or and the Flood Fill Properties window will open.
- Select the first button from the left from Flood Fill Automatic Styles toolbar (Solid Style).
- Left Click anywhere inside the selected area to paint it brown (figure no. 5).
- Click the fore color box (found on the right hand side of the screen) and select the orange color. Click OK. Note: make sure you select the exact orange tint as shown in figure no.6
- Choose the Paint Brush tool - , Press F2 or and the Paint Brush Properties window will open.
- Select the Flare Brush from the Brush Automatic Styles toolbar (figure no. 7A).
- Select the Advanced Tab and fill 20 in the density box (figure no. 7B).
- Use the mouse to paint the inside the selection as shown in figure no.8
- Click on the Effects -> Optics -> Lens(2) Menu to apply lens effect.
- Click on the Effects -> Optics�-> Sphere� menu to open the Sphere effect dialog box. Set the Opacity value to 100, the Level value to 1, the Depth to 20 and click ok.
- Click Enter (Or Selection -> Select None menu) cancel all selections (figure no. 9).
- Click on the Effects -> Motion�-> Zoom Blur� menu to open the Zoom Blur dialog box.
- In the Zoom Blur dialog box click the Advance button and fill in the data as shown in figure no.10. Click ok to confirm when finished.
- Finally you should reach the lava star effect (figure no.11).
- [Optional] To get a darker star repeat steps 18-19 and fill in the data shown on figure no.12.
- Finally you should reach the dark lava star effect (figure no.13).