Tutorial - Text Effects
Issue: Creating 3D Text Effects (figure no.1)
To create 3D Text Effect simply follow these steps:
- Create 400 x 150 new white empty image (Click on File -> New menu or Ctrl+n).
- Choose the Text Tool - .
In order to draw a text, point the mouse on the starting point of the text, press and hold down one the mouse's button . Next, drag the mouse's pointer to the spot where you wish the text to end and release the button. After selecting the desires location, the Add Text dialog box will appear
- Set the desired color by clicking on the "Colors & Style" card index and choosing the new desired color (To get a good effect choose a bright color).
- On the "Add Text" dialog box under the "Editor" card index type in the desired text. To get a good effect choose big font size (40 or higher). Click "OK" to finish (figure no.2).
- Click on the Effects -> More -> 3D Menu.
- The 3D Effect dialog box will be open. On this dialog box leave the default values with out any changes. Just click ok to confirm (figure no.3).
- Click on the Effects -> Light -> Shadow menu.
- The Shadow Effect dialog box will open. Set the Offset X and Offset Y controls to 4, set the Opacity to 80 and click ok to confirm.
- Using the mouse, point on the floating text. While pointing the floating text, click on the left button and drag the text to the desired place.
- Click 'Enter' to finish and fix the text (figure no.4).
- [Optional]: If you wish to edit the text select the text tool, right click on the text and select "Edit Text" from the pop up menu.