Tutorial - (Pictures) Batch Resize
Issue: Reduce the size of multiple pictures using Photo Pos Pro Scripts & Batch Operations tool.
Watch this tutorial on a Video
With Photo Pos Pro Scripts & Batch Operations tool you can easily reduce the size of multiple pictures. Suppose you took pictures with a digital camera and you wish to send them by e-mail to a friend. You wish to decrease the size of the pictures so that they won't take up so much space when sending them by e-mail. To perform the operation, follow the following steps:
- Open the Picture Browser Window (Click on File -> Picture Browser (Browse)... menu).
- Browse and select the files you wish to resize (Hold CTRL to select more then one).
- Add the files you wish to resize to the Scripts & Batch Operations tool's list using the "Add To Batch" button - (this will also open the Scripts & Batch Operations tool's window).
- Repeat steps 2 and 3 to select all the desired files.
- Select the Scripts & Batch Operations tool's window (click on its title bar).
- Press on the Add Command button - in the toolbar. Select the Resize (%) command and press OK to authorize.
- Select the command from the list and set the new picture size using the New Size (%) slider. In order to decrease the picture to a quarter of its original size, select the 50 value.
- In the Output File Format box select the jpg (Jpeg) option. This way the decreased files will be saved in the Jpeg format-a common format used for sending pictures through e-mail.
- After running the script, the converted files will be saved in the Output Directory. You can select a different directory using the Browse button.
- In order to complete the operation, run the script using the Run Script button.
- When the script operation has completed, you will find the resized files in the output directory.